International Institute of Yoga Consciousness, Australia
Waiver & Release of Liability
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability
hereby agree to the following:
1. If at any time during the class, I feel discomfort or strain, I shall gently come out of the posture. I may rest at anytime during the class. It is important in yoga that I listen to my body, and respect its limits on any given day.
2. I understand that yoga includes physical movements as well as an opportunity for relaxation, stress re-educationand relief of muscular tension. As is the case with any physical activity, the risk of injury, even serious or disabling,is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated.
3. If I experience any pain or discomfort, I will listen to my body,discontinue the activity, and ask for support from the instructor. I will continue to breathe smoothly.
4. I assume fullresponsibility for any and all damages, which may incur through participation.
5. I understand that Yoga is not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Yoga is notrecommended and is not safe under certain medical conditions.
6. By signing, I affirm that a licensed physician has verifiedmy good health and physical and mental condition to participate in such a fitness program, if required.
7. In addition, I will make theinstructor aware of any medical conditions or physical and other limitations before class.
8. If I am pregnant, become pregnant orI am post-natal or post-surgical, my signature verifies that I have my physician’s approval to participate.
9. I also affirmthat I alone am responsible to decide whether to practice yoga and participation is at my own risk.
10. I hereby agree toirrevocably release and waive any claims that I have now or may have hereafter against International Institute of Yoga Consciousness Australia (IIYC) and all relatedfacilities and premises for any personal injury or negligence.
11. Additionally, the facility, instructor and IIYC arenot in any way responsible for any loss or damage of my personal property.
12. Those under 18 years of age must have this form signed by a parent or guardian.
13. If any portion of this release from liability shall be deemed by a Court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, thenthe remainder of this release from liability shall remain in full force and effect and the offending provision or provisionssevered here from.
14. I have carefully read and fully understand and agree to the above terms of this Liability Waiver Agreement.
15. I acknowledge that I have had ample opportunity before signing this form to get independent legal advice about it.
16. I am signingthis agreement voluntarily and recognize that my signature serves as complete and unconditional release of all liabilityto the greatest extent allowed by law and that it cannot be changed orally.